WirelessDevNet.com Press Release
Altus Introduces RTK Receiver for Esri Community
At the 2014 Esri User Conference, Altus Positioning Systems is unveiling a new GNSS RTK receiver designed and developed specifically for the Esri user community.
According to Altus CEO Neil Vancans, the new Altus APS-NR2 provides a new combination of performance and features that make it ideal for Esri users:
- Light weight – At 1.5 lbs., the APS-NR2 weighs the same as a dozen glazed doughnuts.
- Dual-cellular antennae – With automatic switchover, users will minimize downtime due to signal loss.
- Unlimited flexibility – It works on virtually all RTK networks.
- Built-in Wi-Fi – Users can configure and monitor the unit and stream data directly to their own tablets.
- Supercharged – It runs all day on hot-swappable batteries and recharges from any USB port.
- Esri Compatible – It communicates seamlessly with Esri cloud-based platforms.
- Open architecture – Users can choose their own data collector software or interface directly with Esri ArcGIS Online.
“It all adds up to the world’s most versatile RTK rover that provides more productivity and less downtime in the field,” said Vancans. “The APS-NR2 raises the bar and sets a new standard for the state-of-the-art in high-precision surveying and geolocation, leveraging the power and convenience of mobile tablet platforms.”
The APS-NR2 will be commercially available by September, according to Vancans.
In addition to the APS-NR2, Altus will show the APS GeoPod, a compact GNSS module that adds high-precision RTK positioning to any USB-compatible tablet PC. “This unique product gives users the convenience of adding RTK precision to any on-board application on their own mobile devices,” said Vancans.
Altus is showcasing the APS-NR2 and APS GeoPod, along with the full range of Altus products, in Booth 1218 at the 2014 Esri Users Conference, July 14-18, in the San Diego Convention Center.
About Altus Positioning Systems
Founded in 2006, Altus Positioning Systems has its corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities in Torrance, CA. The privately held company provides high-precision GNSS surveying equipment through an international network of sales representatives in key countries around the world. For more information, visit www.altus-ps.com