WirelessDevNet.com Press Release
60% of U.S. Broadband Households own a Personal Health and Wellness Device
New digital health and Internet of Things (IoT) research from Parks Associates finds nearly 60% of U.S. broadband households own some kind of personal health and wellness device, such as a digital weight scale, blood pressure meter, digital pedometer, or glucometer.
The inaugural Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers, hosted by Parks Associates on September 4-5 in San Diego, will examine the growing interest in new health devices and apps and the impact of health reforms, connected devices, and mobile services on service providers, manufacturers, payors, and institutions in the digital health markets. Previously released research on smart watches shows 2% of U.S. broadband households purchased a smart watch in 2013 and another 4% are very likely to purchase a smart watch in the next 12 months.
“New designs and form factors like smart watches have generated considerable consumer interest, but if these devices do not engage consumers or influence their behavior, they will not gain a foothold in the healthcare industry,” said Harry Wang, Director, Health & Mobile Product Research, Parks Associates. “At the 2014 Connected Health Summit, we will examine the factors necessary for success in the digital health space. The event brings together high-level executives to network and examine the strategies and innovations that combine the tech and healthcare industries to deliver engaging consumer solutions.”
Summit sponsors are ADT, Care Innovations, Lowe’s, Z-Wave, Independa, Masimo, and Ayla Networks. The summit will feature the following keynote speakers:
- John Mattison, Chief Medical Information Officer, Kaiser
- James R. Mault, M.D., F.A.C.S., Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Qualcomm Life
- Chris Nicholson, VP and COO, Humana Wellness
- Adam Pellegrini, Vice President, Digital Health, Walgreens
- Chris Young, Vice President, New Virtual Market Development and Incubations, Ascension Health
Participating speakers include:
- AARP - Keith Epstein, Sr. Director, Senior Strategic Advisor
- ADT - Amy Kabcenell, Sr. Director, Marketing, ADT Health
- Aetna - Aneesh Kumar, Head, Consumer Engagement Strategy
- Alere Connect - Kent Dicks, Chief Executive Office
- American Heart Association - Patrick Wayte, Senior Vice President, Patient and Healthcare Innovations
- Angie's List - Jennifer Griffin, Product Marketing Specialist, Health and Wellness Division
- Ayla Networks - David Friedman, CEO & Co-Founder
- BeClose - Liddy Mason, CEO
- Comcast Ventures - Michael Yang, Managing Director
- Conversa Health - Philip Marshall, MD, MPH, Co-founder
- GreatCall - Madeline Pantalone, VP Business Development
- Healthgrades - Chris Catallo, Senior Vice President, Business Development
- iHealth Labs - Jim Taschetta, Chief Marketing Officer
- Independa - Kian Saneii, CEO
- Intel-GE Care Innovations - Julie Cherry, Director of Clinical Services
- Intermountain Healthcare - Tammy Richards, Operations Director, Patient and Clinical Engagement
- iTriage - Patrick Leonard, Vice President, Technology
- Jawbone - Jason Donahue, Product Manager for Data & Insights
- Lowe's Companies, Inc. - Kristen T. Bowring, Director of Business Development, Smart Home Business Unit - New Business
- Masimo Americas, Inc. - Paul Jansen, Executive Vice President, Marketing
- Meridian Health - Sandra Elliott, Director, Consumer Technology and Service Development
- Qualcomm - Clint McClellan, Sr. Director of Business Development at Qualcomm Life; Chairman of the Continua Health Alliance
- Redbrick Health - Eric Zimmerman, Chief Marketing Officer
- Remedy Health Media - Dennis Upah, Executive Vice President, Enterprise Markets
- RunKeeper - Margaret McKenna, Head of Data & Analytics
- SelfHelpWorks - Lou Ryan, Founder & CEO
- SSM Health Care - Gaurov Dayal, President, Delivery, Finance and Integration
- Stride Health - Noah Lang, CEO
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions - Patrick Wheelock, Strategy and Business Development - Mobile Health
- Wellness & Prevention, Inc - John Vander Meulen, General Manager
- Z-Wave Alliance - Mark Walters, Chairman
Information about the Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers is available at www.connectedhealthsummit.com. Press passes for the event are available at http://www.parksassociates.com/events/connected-health/media. To schedule a meeting with an analyst or speaker, contact Holly Sprague at email@example.com or 720.987.6614.
The industry report Networked Medical Devices: Innovations and Business Models is available for purchase at www.parksassociates.com. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 972-490-1113 for information.
About Connected Health Summit
Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers analyzes the roles of connected health technologies and innovations in driving changes in consumer behaviors and business models. The event focuses on four areas of consumer health technologies in particular, which all require active consumer participation to be successful: remote health monitoring for accountable care, consumer-centric wellness and fitness solutions, independent living technologies and services, and innovative convenience care models.
The Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers will take place September 4-5 at the Omni Hotel in San Diego, CA. www.connectedhealthsummit.com. Follow the event on Twitter at @CONN_Health_Smt.