WirelessDevNet.com Press Release
MapQuest’s Free Amazon Fire Phone App Features Tilt-activated Menu + Layer Bar
MapQuest, Inc., has launched an enhanced device-specific navigation app optimized for the Amazon Fire phone available today. The free app provides a customized experience leveraging the Fire phone’s Dynamic Perspective functionality including tilt-activated menus, layer bars and panels.
“Working on Amazon’s Fire phone was a refreshing development ecosystem, providing a unified vision for the MapQuest team to create an app that operates more quickly than many other platforms,” said Brian McMahon, general manager, MapQuest. “MapQuest’s free apps and experiences are agnostic across all devices, which is great for our more than 40 million users who have been with us for years and are excited to try Amazon’s new phone.”
MapQuest’s Navigation Apps
MapQuest’s personalized navigation experience has long been touted as both easy-to-use and better at connecting people to the maps and routes that shape their everyday lives. Today’s additional features add to the recent updates MapQuest incorporated into its mobile navigation apps for the Amazon Appstore, including:
- NEW! – Tilt-activated menus beautifully engineered for Fire phone’s unique panels
- NEW! – Layers bar relocation under widget for better consumer experience on Fire device
- NEW! – 3-D logo icon for better legibility on Fire phone’s screen
- NEW! – More customization from map icon to specific navigation options (last location, home, work)
- High-resolution vector maps: Beautifully designed maps offer improved quality and resolution, enhanced zoom features and new cartography
- New interactive map layers and customizable category buttons: These features make finding nearby business and popular locations quick and easy
- An industry-first ETA status bar: A status bar informs users of time and distance to their destination, as well as anticipated in-route traffic
- Advanced navigation features: Voice-guided, turn-by-turn navigation and real-time traffic re-routing
- One-click point of interest and location sharing: Send location or destination information out via social media, SMS or e-mail
“MapQuest has innovated using Fire phone’s unique capabilities to offer customers a new kind of experience for people on the go,” said Steve Rabuchin, Vice President, Amazon Appstore. “We’re thrilled that MapQuest has created an app for Fire phone. We think customers are going to love the experience.”
To download MapQuest’s free navigation apps and to select a favorite team experience, visit the Amazon Appstore to get started.
About MapQuest, Inc.
MapQuest provides Internet, mobile and business solutions delivering on the promise of helping people dream, plan, share and go wherever the map meets their life. MapQuest is one of the leading mapping brands online, reaching 40 million multi-platform users, according to comScore Media Metrix MultiPlatform. MapQuest’s mobile solutions are compatible with a variety of mobile devices, including iPhone and Android devices. MapQuest, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of AOL Inc. (AOL), is based in Denver, Colo.