WirelessDevNet.com Press Release
Add Wi-Fi® to Anything with TI's Internet on a Chip
Today Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) introduced its new SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi® CC3100 and CC3200 platforms for Internet of Things (IoT) applications. The SimpleLink Wi-Fi family is the first in a series of new easy, low power SimpleLink wireless connectivity solutions for the IoT. This new Internet-on-a-chip™ family allows customers to easily add embedded Wi-Fi and Internet to a wide-range of home, industrial and consumer electronics through features including:
- The industry's lowest power consumption for battery operated devices with a low power radio and advanced low power modes.
- Flexibility to use any microcontroller (MCU) with the CC3100 solution or leverage the CC3200's integrated programmable ARM® Cortex®-M4 MCU, allowing customers to add their own code.
- Easy development for the IoT with quick connection, cloud support and on-chip Wi-Fi, Internet and robust security protocols, requiring no prior Wi-Fi experience to get a product connected.
- The ability to simply and securely connect their devices to Wi-Fi using a phone or tablet app or a web browser with multiple provisioning options including SmartConfig™ Technology, WPS and AP mode.
in modules, TI provides developers an easy way to design and evaluate Wi-Fi and Internet applications:
- Get started using TI's SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3200 solution with the first wireless connectivity LaunchPad evaluation kit.
- The SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3100 BoosterPack plus the Advanced Emulation BoosterPack allows customers to connect to any MCU, including the ultra-low power MSP430™ LaunchPad.
- If customers have not selected an MCU or want to get started quickly, they can begin software development with a PC and the CC3100 BoosterPack plus the Advanced Emulation BoosterPack using SimpleLink Studio.
For more information on the features and benefits of the SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3100 and CC3200 platforms, please read this blog post.
Pricing and availability:
- SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3100 and CC3200 solutions are available now through TI eStore and TI authorized distributors:
- CC3200 LaunchPad is available for $29.99
- CC3100 BoosterPack + CC31XXEMUBOOST + MSP-EXP430F5529LP bundle is available for $49.99
- CC3100BOOST + CC31XXEMUBOOST bundle is available for $36.99
- CC3100 and CC3200 production units will be available in July and will be part of TI's sample program.
- CC3100 –$6.70 per 1,000 units
- CC3200 –Starting at $7.99 per 1,000 units
- CC3100 and CC3200 modules will be available in 3Q
TI's SimpleLink wireless connectivity portfolio
TI's SimpleLink portfolio of low power wireless connectivity solutions – wireless MCUs, wireless network processors (WNPs), RF transceivers and range extenders for the broad embedded market – makes it easier to develop and connect anything to the Internet of Things (IoT). Spanning over 14 standards and technologies including Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, Bluetooth low energy, ZigBee®, Sub-1 GHz, 6LoWPAN and more, SimpleLink products help manufacturers add wireless connectivity to anything, to any design, for anyone. www.ti.com/simplelink.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.
Learn more at http://www.ti.com/.